Born in Modena (Italy), August 12,1964.
Son of Giorgio Vernizzi, entrepreneur and poet.
Grandchild of Giuseppe Vernizzi painter.
Educated in UK and USA, Mr. Vernizzi lives and works between Italy and Thailand.
As entrepreneur he is a lifelong technology enthusiast for developing a radical and innovative fusion approach to product design, colour, art and craft. His Fractalis designers’ finishes have been manufactured and marketed internationally through a network of Licensees since 1991.
• Founder and Owner of Fractalis® water based paint effects www.fractalisfinishes.com
• Founder and Owner of Bodhi® handcrafted timepieces of which he designed the 1st limited edition Eggclectic™ MCU1.0 serie for Chulalongkorn University Centenary www.cu100watch.com
• Founder of Inter Nos Co., Ltd. a creative brain collective focused on holistic design www.inter-nos.org
• Founder of VERNICE Studio™, another color story.
As an artist he conceptualize on the core theme of ephemerals and selfless transitions using multiple cutting edge color and composite nano surface materials along with a combination of primitive and digital gestures.
• Mr. Vernizzi started painting at the age of 10. From the age of 25 till the age of 48 he devoted his artistic nature to his family business in the Paint Industry, while collecting contemporary art and experimenting his personal art creations under the pseudonym of Kubern Ronin;
• In 2012 Mr. Vernizzi went back to full time painting:
• In 2016 Mr. Vernizzi first participated to a collective exhibition at PTendercool Gallery (Bangkok) with artist Daan Botlek, then followed by his attendance -between October 15and 17, 2016- of BUU International Art Exhibition and Workshop with Decha Warashoon, Goutam Das, Jogen Chowdhury, Justin Mills, Panya Vijinthanasarn, Suchart Taotong, Tawatchai Somkong and Thepsakdi Thongnopkoon;
• In January 2018 Mr. Vernizzi curated the Italian Pavilion’s at the 1st Bangkok Design Week edition for the Embassy of Italy with his art installation “a▪maze▪ing”;
• Mr. Vernizzi’s first solo exhibition took place between August 9 and October 3rd, 2018 at DUKE Contemporary Art Space in Bangkok;
• Mr. Vernizzi was commissioned the “Bridges” artwork by Chulalongkorn University as celebrative imagery in occasion of Pope Francis Apostolic visit to the Kingdom of Thailand on 20-23 November, 2019;
• Mr. Vernizzi is currently working on his next 2020 “EPICgenetics” solo exhibition.
His business and art projects have been published in several international periodicals as Wallpaper, REvolution, and Fine Art Magazine ect.
Shashi Caan / New York, January 2016
In the end, deeply felt experiences can be distilled to the witness of beauty.
Made memorable through interpretation or meaning, these cause humanity to deepen and wizen with or without conscious intent. Beauty, while universally understood and valued, has many faces leaving much room for preference and debate. Whether in its state of obviousness or lurking beneath the surface, in the work of Gianluca Vernizzi, beauty pervades with all of its myriad facets. And it thrills. This is especially poignant and poetically striking, given the inception and trajectory of his work and is a testament to his talent and soul’s expression.
He makes beautiful that which is distorted.
It is often stated that profound creativity and artistic expression is born out of adversity and abject experience. That the more extreme and wretched the experience of hardship, the greater the contribution to its artistic expression.
This hopelessness is also habitually described as a necessity for propelling its subject into enough despair to be forced to express the loudest screaming through their art. The works of Mr. Vernizzi are no different. What makes this work distinctive is the showcase of a sensitively insightful being, who having gone to the deepest depths of darkness and suffering, shares the pain but cannot conceal life’s intrinsic exquisiteness. And again, in the end, he sees and shares the sublime through beauty expressed in pattern, color and composition.
Colors Matter, a comprehensive public compilation of Mr. Vernizzi’s art, above all, shares with the world his personal amalgamation of thought, perception, meaning and sense of the here and now. In these works, he observes life, at play, deeply within. Having profoundly felt and understood these cultures, he coaxes and propels both himself and his viewer to become immediately present and to speedily move into the future. His use of pattern, both structured and organic, invariably becomes the recognition, representation and backbone of life’s profound intrinsic nature, allowing for an unfolding narrative and emotion that is intuitively edited and never runs amuck.
His use of color illustrates and forces the dispelling of fear, allowing him, as well as humanity, to challenge and overcome life’s literal and perceived demons. With this comes relief and a release of joy, viscerally absorbed and mesmerising.
The ultimate genius of Mr. Vernizzi is his ability to showcase horror through his innate lens of passion, hope and possibility. There is no judgment, only observation, acceptance and the stillness. His work pointedly reminds that deep within the heart of every human being is a simple, humble, peace seeking soul. Despite human complexity and sophistication, the soul seeks purely to be happy and lead a meaningful life. The simple heart desires only to feel safe. To be comfortable, comforted and content.